10 Tips for Better Grocery Shopping
You’re looking to save money: we all are. But you still need to eat! Here are 10 tips that will save you money on your groceries—every week.
- Plan out a weekly menu. This is the best way to ensure that your list is complete, and that you have enough food to serve your family dinner for the week.
- Always go with a list. If you go without a list, you may as well just throw your money away. After you’ve created your weekly menu, create a list of all the items that you’ll need.
- Don’t shop when you’re hungry. This is a common tip, but it’s true: when you’re hungry, you want to buy all kinds of junk. Eat a good meal first, and you’ll be more likely to stick to your list.
- Clip coupons. Sometimes coupons seem like too much trouble. But at Bliss Shurfine Food Mart, we make it easy to find the specials and coupons you need. And you can save 10-20% of your bottom line with coupons.
- Have a budget. You’ve already checked out the week’s coupons and you know how much you plan to spend—and to save. So stick to what you planned!
- Buy frozen vegetables. While fresh vegetables are a better for you, it’s a great idea to have frozen ones on hand and ready to use for that night you don’t feel like cooking. It’s better than going out to a restaurant on that night!
- Write everything down. Don’t wait until you run out: when you see that there’s only one paper-towel roll left, put it on your list. That way you can still plan to purchase when the price is right.
- Cook a lot at once. You’ll use less power and less time if you cook a lot and freeze some for later.
- Buy our brand!The Shurfine brand is as good as other “name” brands, and almost always costs less.
- Use up everything. Got leftovers? If you can’t make another meal out of it, freeze what you have and combine the ingredients later for a soup or pasta dish.
Got more tips? Why not share a few of them in the comments section? What’s your favorite way to save money at Bliee Shurfine Food Mart?