Everyone runs them. Every grocery store has specials, coupons, and sales—opportunities for you to save money at their store. You like them because they save you money. We like them because they reward our regular customers for their loyalty, and bring new customers into the store.
But we’re often surprised to hear people say that they don’t use coupons or specials. Why on earth not? These days, anything that people can save is well worth the effort, isn’t it?
The waffle dates back to the 1300s in Greece, where flat cakes were cooked between two metal pans. At the time, people topped the cakes with cheeses and herbs, rather than pancake syrup!
Fresh is best. That should be your mantra when you come to Bliss Shurfine Food Mart. Always look for the freshest produce; and here’s how you can tell:
- Asparagus will have straight stalks with closed tips.
- Bell peppers should be thick, bright, and firm.
Today, lobster is considered a luxurious delicacy all over the world. But how did it go from something that only peasants would eat to the expensive delicacy it is today?
- Why was the Animal Crackers box designed with a string handle?
- What milk product did the U.S. Agriculture Department propose as a substitute for meat in school lunches, in 1996?
- What part of the banana is used to make banana oil?
- What is the most widely eaten fish in the world?
- What are the two top-selling spices in the world?